Pre-Control WorkBench: A shopfloor implementation of control charts for controlling non-conformances
Pre-Control has been practiced as an alternative to the classical Statistical Process Control. It is an easy-to-use technique that can be easily applied on the shop-floor. Pre-Control is described in details by the 2nd Edition of the AIAG SPC manual.
Pre-Control is a technique for controlling the quality of products based on Specification Limits rather than Control Limits. Pre-Control chart focusses on control of product non-conformances rather than control of process.
The Pre-Control WorkBench software from SymphonyTech combines the ease and simplicity of shop-floor implementation, supplemented by the power of Process Capability evaluation.
Features of the software are:
- Well demarcated Qualification and Production runs
- Automatic signals to switch from Qualification to Production and back based on observed data
- Signals for actions based on observed data in Green, Yellow and Red zones
- Facility for logging events and actions
- Multiple characteristics possible in a process
- Color coded signals for each data point/ data pair logged
To make your Pre-Control implementation smooth and quick we provide you:
- A white-paper guiding you through Pre-Control theory and implementation.
Download it here.
Pre-Control should be used while your process goes on, to make timely corrections to the process. It is easy, and effective for non-conformance control.